Every product manager should start each new challenge with a visual map of the context he or she is working with.
This is the heart of product management.
A map guides your decisions. It helps you decide what to say yes to and more importantly what to say no to.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- Why mapping the challenge is critical to your success as a product manager.
- How to immerse yourself in the challenge to get a complete picture of the system.
- How to synthesize what you learn into a compelling visual.
- How to test your view of the system and iterate as needed.
- How to use your visual to guide decisions and communicate your reasoning.
The course will run for six weeks and each week you’ll get:
- A one hour live session with me as the instructor.
- Each session will end with a live Q&A session.
- A short reading and / or watch list to support each week’s lesson.
- A homework assignment that reinforces each week’s lesson and builds on the prior week.
- Access to a small group of peers who are going through the same learning journey with you.
For the same investment of a one-day workshop, you’ll get a six-week course that walks you through the material step by step.
You’ll get a variety of materials to match your learning style.
You’ll get homework assignments allowing you to practice the key concepts in a safe environment.
You’ll get feedback from peers and from me.
And you’ll get ample opportunity to ask questions and get help.
To qualify you must:
- Be willing to devote 2-5 hours per week to this course.
- Be a currently employed product manager (I’ll open the course up to others in future iterations).
- Have access to a city with some public transit infrastructure. This will be required for the case study we’ll work through.
- Commit to complete all readings and homework assignments.
- Commit to attend all six live sessions.
If you are ready to invest in your product management skills, use the PayPal button below to purchase the course.
This course will fill up quickly. If you are interested in joining us, don’t delay.
- General Assembly’s Product Management Course – $3,250
- Pragmatic Marketing – $1195 for the 1st day, $795 each additional day
- The Lean Startup Conference – $850 – $3850 depending upon the pass