I am so excited to announce Continuous Discovery Habits is finally here!
It’s the culmination of my work over the past eight years helping hundreds of product teams adopt successful continuous discovery habits.
Continuous Discovery Habits (the book) is the culmination of my work over the past eight years helping hundreds of product teams adopt successful continuous discovery habits. – Tweet This
And now, I want to help you do the same.
The book is both evidence-based (explore the footnotes if you like to nerd out on theory) and actionable. You’ll get detailed exercises you can put into practice tomorrow.
Here’s what people are saying about it:
“If you haven’t had the good fortune to be coached by a strong leader or product coach, this book can help fill that gap and set you on the path to success.” – Marty Cagan, Partner, Silicon Valley Product Group
“Teresa’s work in product discovery is a constant and critical reminder that job number one for a product team is to understand who you are building for and what value you can create for them. Her methods inspire rigor similar to a workout coach—product discovery is a regular, consistent practice, that’s measurable and impactful.” – Jocelyn Mangan, CEO, HimForHer
“It’s no secret that regularly engaging with customers helps you discover better opportunities to serve them—yet we all struggle to do it well. This book is an indispensable guide to making this critical activity a continuous habit.” – Martin Eriksson, Co-Founder & Chairman, Mind the Product
In the coming months, I’ll also be releasing an Audible version. There’s no timeline on this yet, as I’m still researching my options. But if you prefer to listen to your books, know this is planned.
And if you are interested in having me come speak at your company or do an Ask Me Anything related to the book, you can learn more about those options here.
This Book is Just the Beginning
My outcome at Product Talk for 2021 is to increase the number of product trios who adopt a continuous discovery cadence. The Continuous Discovery Habits book is a big part of driving that outcome. – Tweet This
However, I know that a book is not enough.
Too many people read books and struggle to put the ideas into practice. It’s often hard to connect the dots between the ideal way of working and what we see day to day in our own organizations.
Most product trios work in organizations that are either still obsessed with outputs or are just starting on their outcome journey.
Many product teams still lack durability over time—meaning teams get formed and reformed with every project, instead of having the luxury of working on the same product over time.
I still meet product managers every day who have never talked to a customer—or worse, aren’t allowed to talk to customers.
We have a long way to go.
The book does include a chapter that will help you start to bridge the gap between how your company works today and the approach that is described in the book. But I know from experience many of you will need more support as you work to develop and hone your continuous discovery habits.
As a result, I’m excited to announce the Continuous Discovery Habits Membership Program.
We learn best in community. And this program is designed to help you connect with and learn from like-minded peers as you work to put the Continuous Discovery Habits content into practice.
This membership program includes:
- Biweekly membership calls where we’ll tackle your most pressing discovery questions. These calls are hosted by me and are informal conversations about whatever is top of mind for participants.
- Monthly Fireside Chats and Ask Me Anythings with real product trios who are putting the continuous discovery habits into practice. These sessions will be recorded and made available to all current members.
- A virtual book club where we read and discuss books that help us become better continuous discovery practitioners.
- Access to our Worthy Reads library (over 300 of the best product resources from around the web) and a dedicated Slack channel to discuss daily finds.
- An exclusive Continuous Discovery Habits job listings channel where you can recruit like-minded peers and/or find your next gig.
- Focused challenges that will help you put the continuous discovery habits into practice (e.g. the 12-day challenge to automate your interview recruiting process).
- Exclusive Annual Subscriber Benefit: 15% discount on each of our Deep Dive courses.
We offer monthly and annual membership subscriptions. You should join us. You can do so here.