For long-time Product Talk readers, you already know that I’m a big fan of idea management software and of Kindling specifically. (See related posts below.)
While I have met Tim several times on his recent visits to San Francisco, I had not met most of the team. It was a blast getting to hang out with the gang.
Besides sharing our oddest taxi stories, thanks to my own less than good decision making skills at 2:30am at JFK, I also sat down and recorded a Let’s Talk Innovation episode with Tim Meaney.
This was a lot of fun. The “studio crew” was none other than members of the Kindling team who had created a makeshift studio in one of their conference rooms. I think you’ll agree, they did a great job.
In this interview, Tim and I cover a lot of ground. Tim is one of the most thoughtful people I know when it comes to supporting an innovation process. So it was fun to riff with him about this topic.
I hope you enjoy it.
Here are some shortcuts for those of you who don’t have time for the full 18 minutes.
- the importance of communication in innovation – 50 seconds
- the role of product management – 2 mins. 55 seconds
- making good product decisions – 4 mins. 10 seconds
- how to know if an idea is good – 5 mins. 35 seconds
- what’s the process for identifying ideas worth pursuing – 8 mins. 15 secs.
- your innovation system of record – 9 mins. 50 secs
- the benefits and limitations of a/b testing – 11 mins. 42 seconds
- how idea management can save you time – 15 mins. 10 secs.
Related Product Talk Posts: