Welcome Product Campers!
It was so great to connect with the Portland product community. A big thank you to the organizers for producing a fantastic event. I loved sharing and learning with all of you and I’m already looking forward to next year’s event.
In both of my sessions, I mentioned a number of resources. I’ve tried to collect them all here. If you remember a reference that isn’t mentioned here, please let me know.
P.S. If you’d like to follow my writing, I post one in-depth article each week here on Product Talk and publish a biweekly newsletters with worthy reads from around the web. Subscribe here.
Map the Challenge: How to Explore the Problem Space
- Product Talk articles on Map the Challenge:
- I mentioned a couple of books:
- Business Model Generation by Alex Osterwalder and the Business Model Canvas
- User Story Mapping by Jeff Patton
- I would also recommend reading more about empathy maps and customer journey maps.
- Tom Wujec: How to Make Toast
The 5 Components of a Good Hypothesis
- I have written several articles and created a few videos about hypothesis testing. They are all collected here
- I use these calculators: Statistical Significance Calculator | Duration Calculator
- Here is Tristan’s article that talks about generative vs. evaluative research: What Type of Lean Startup Experiment Should I Run?
- And I think I mentioned these books: